Weird News: Man Throws Infant from Car, Then Dies in Crash
LeMod Pol
2004-09-14 17:25:16 UTC
Weird News:
Man Throws Infant from Car, Then Dies in Crash

Baby unhurt in terrifying incident

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) ― A man threw his fiancŽe's
eight-month-old daughter out of a car as he fled police
after being accused of domestic violence, authorities
said. The girl, strapped in a car seat, was unhurt but
the man later was fatally injured in a crash.

Dana Bettin, 23, died Sunday, three days after the
dramatic highway chase that ended when he crashed his
fiancŽe's car into an unoccupied squad car.

At one point, he slowed down, opened the car door and
dropped the baby in the car seat onto the highway,
sending the seat tumbling toward the middle of the roadway.

"As the baby was flying toward me I noticed that she
was crying very hard and looked scared," Wisconsin
State Patrol Sgt. David Catalano said Tuesday on NBC's
Today show, which aired video of the incident.

"Fortunately she was seat-belted into the child seat so
that as it slid forward on the highway and then rolled
over she escaped without any injuries," he said.

Sheriff's Sgt. Dan Pamenter told The Post-Crescent in
Appleton that the man at first tried to put the baby
out of the car on the shoulder, but the car door was in
his way. He eventually pulled back into traffic and
pushed the baby out as he was accelerating.

"His car was jerking back and forth," Pamenter said. "I
didn't know what he was doing. He seemed to care for
the baby."

The chase continued at speeds up to 90 MPH.

The pursuit ended on U.S. 41 when Bettin had a minor
collision with a vehicle and then crashed into an
unoccupied squad car. The car he was driving rolled
over and he was pinned underneath. He died at a
hospital in Green Bay.

Catalano spoke to the baby's mother on Monday and said
the girl is going fine.

"Her mother is very devastated about everything right
now," he said. "It was her fiance involved and she's
very upset."
--
LP
In politics, moderation is the best policy
David W. Poole, Jr.
Darwinism works best if it's applied *before* child birth, not after.
deepblue
2004-09-14 17:57:16 UTC
In other words, no child support.
Steenkin Man
2004-09-14 18:00:29 UTC
Post by deepblue
Post by LeMod Pol
"Her mother is very devastated about everything right
now," he said. "It was her fiance involved and she's
very upset."
In other words, no child support.
He wasn't the father.

If the real father had been granted custody then this would never have
happened.
num tibi mentireris?
deepblue
But he was the fiance.
Steenkin Man
2004-09-14 18:44:29 UTC
Post by deepblue
Post by Steenkin Man
Post by deepblue
Post by LeMod Pol
"Her mother is very devastated about everything right
now," he said. "It was her fiance involved and she's
very upset."
In other words, no child support.
He wasn't the father.
But he was the fiance.
Of whom? The baby girl?

He wasn't responsible for any support.
num tibi mentireris?
deepblue
2004-09-14 18:52:14 UTC
Post by Steenkin Man
Post by deepblue
Post by Steenkin Man
Post by deepblue
Post by LeMod Pol
"Her mother is very devastated about everything right
now," he said. "It was her fiance involved and she's
very upset."
In other words, no child support.
He wasn't the father.
But he was the fiance.
Of whom?
If they had married, he would have been responsible. The cynic in me
says they would have divorced and she would have gotten the cs she was
looking for.
Steenkin Man
2004-09-14 18:56:01 UTC
Post by deepblue
Post by Steenkin Man
Post by deepblue
Post by Steenkin Man
Post by deepblue
Post by LeMod Pol
"Her mother is very devastated about everything right
now," he said. "It was her fiance involved and she's
very upset."
In other words, no child support.
He wasn't the father.
But he was the fiance.
Of whom?
If they had married, he would have been responsible. The cynic in me
says they would have divorced and she would have gotten the cs she was
looking for.
Fair point.

Only a fool will take up with a pregnant female or one that's just
whelped. The word 'nutter' must have been written all over him. The
mother should be jailed.
num tibi mentireris?
BTR1701
2004-09-14 23:30:13 UTC
Post by deepblue
Post by Steenkin Man
Post by deepblue
Post by Steenkin Man
Post by deepblue
Post by LeMod Pol
"Her mother is very devastated about everything right
now," he said. "It was her fiance involved and she's
very upset."
In other words, no child support.
He wasn't the father.
But he was the fiance.
Of whom?
If they had married, he would have been responsible.
No, he wouldn't. Not unless he also legally adopted the child.

The real father remains responsible for the support of his children
regardless of the mother's marital status.
The operative verb is "was."
Crystal
2004-09-14 21:31:41 UTC
If he was beating her he got what he deserved. And not all woman want
child support. And sometimes the father should not have any rights to
see his child. But that also goes for some mothers. And sometimes people
should never had children. I've raised my two children by myself with
very little help from anyone including a husband. They haven't saw there
father in 11 years his choice. And my new boyfriend understands he holds
no responsibility to my children we go any where with them I normally
pay there way. And I would never get married again I can take care of
myself just fine. Crystal
Steenkin Man
2004-09-14 21:51:04 UTC
Post by Crystal
If he was beating her he got what he deserved. And not all woman want
child support. And sometimes the father should not have any rights to
see his child. But that also goes for some mothers. And sometimes people
should never had children. I've raised my two children by myself with
very little help from anyone including a husband. They haven't saw there
father in 11 years his choice. And my new boyfriend understands he holds
no responsibility to my children we go any where with them I normally
pay there way. And I would never get married again I can take care of
myself just fine. Crystal
Are you what the Americans call trailer-trash?
num tibi mentireris?
Crystal
2004-09-15 01:11:21 UTC
Why would I be trailer trash? Because I'm smart and I take care of
myself? What are you a redneck?
Steenkin Man
2004-09-15 12:34:58 UTC
Post by Crystal
Why would I be trailer trash?
Your poor grasp of written English, your irresponsible procreational
behaviour and your webtv account are a bit of a giveaway, don't you
think?
Post by Crystal
Because I'm smart and I take care of myself?
Does that mean that you sign for your welfare payments rather than
make a mark like 'X'?
Post by Crystal
What are you a redneck?
Why, are you looking for a husband?

Sorry to disappoint you but we don't have rednecks here in Britain,
there aren't enough cracker barrels.

We do have chavs, though. If you ever find yourself in the UK, I'm
sure you'll fit into their subculture.
num tibi mentireris?
Crystal
2004-09-16 22:59:47 UTC
First off I know you do not have rednecks in England or anywhere outside
the U.S.A. for that matter. That was part of my point of your stupid
accusation.My lack of English is because U.S.A schools suck. I need nor
want a husband. I have a boyfriend as stated.I'm not on welfare I have a
small inheritance. I was a floral designer. I live in a very nice 2
story colonial thats over 90 years old. And my web tv is because why
waste my money on a computer when this is all I need? I can buy the best
computer made if I want it. Besides I don"t know why I'm explaining
myself to you. If you haven't been here you wouldn't get it anyway.
Steenkin Man
2004-09-18 13:07:08 UTC
Post by Crystal
First off I know you do not have rednecks in England or anywhere outside
the U.S.A. for that matter. That was part of my point of your stupid
accusation.My lack of English is because U.S.A schools suck. I need nor
want a husband. I have a boyfriend as stated.I'm not on welfare I have a
small inheritance.
Either way, you live on money earned by a man.
Post by Crystal
I was a floral designer.
You designed flowers? Cool!
Post by Crystal
I live in a very nice 2 story colonial thats over 90 years old.
One of the oldest trailers in America. You must be very proud.

Your home is pictured at the bottom of this page:
http://www.missouritrailertrash.com/4-sale.htm
Post by Crystal
And my web tv is because why
waste my money on a computer when this is all I need? I can buy the best
computer made if I want it. Besides I don"t know why I'm explaining
myself to you. If you haven't been here you wouldn't get it anyway.
I do hope that you believe me when I say I don't want it!
num tibi mentireris?
Crystal
2004-09-18 13:35:54 UTC
You are a typical waste of a womans time.
Steenkin Man
2004-09-18 16:57:21 UTC
Post by Crystal
You are a typical waste of a womans time.
Thank you very much for the compliment.
num tibi mentireris?
BTR1701
2004-09-14 23:29:22 UTC
Post by deepblue
Post by Steenkin Man
Post by deepblue
Post by LeMod Pol
"Her mother is very devastated about everything right
now," he said. "It was her fiance involved and she's
very upset."
In other words, no child support.
He wasn't the father.
But he was the fiance.
Doesn't matter. Unless he also formally adopts the kid he isn't liable
for child support. The kid's real father bears that responsibility.
Hyerdahl1
2004-09-15 22:31:00 UTC
Subject: Re: Weird News: Man Throws Infant from Car, Then Dies in Crash
Date: 9/14/2004 11:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time
Post by deepblue
Post by LeMod Pol
"Her mother is very devastated about everything right
now," he said. "It was her fiance involved and she's
very upset."
In other words, no child support.
He wasn't the father.
If the real father had been granted custody then this would never
have>happened.
Well, it is true that the girlfriend of the father would probably not be as
violent as the boyfriend of the mother, but we don't penalize women for male
violence dear.
--
num tibi mentireris?
Each colony is a family unit, comprising a single egg-laying female ...The
(Secret Life of Bees)
Steenkin Man
2004-09-14 17:59:02 UTC
Post by LeMod Pol
[...]
Her fiance? She must have met the bastard when she had a brand new bay
or was pregnant. What sort of guy did she think would take on another
man's child at this stage? She should be jailed for child neglect.

The safest person a child will ever meet is its real father. The most
dangerous person a child will ever meet is its mother's boyfriend.
num tibi mentireris?
Deborah Terreson
2004-09-14 22:02:14 UTC
----------
Post by Steenkin Man
The safest person a child will ever meet is its real father.
*LOL* Not always, my sweet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/05/25/njarv25.xml&
sSheet=/news/2004/05/25/ixhome.html

A hotelier who became obsessed with the devil murdered his wife and two of
their children because she would not give up smoking, a court heard
yesterday.

John Jarvis, 42, had persuaded his wife, Patricia, to sign a pre-nuptial
agreement limiting her to six cigarettes a day.

When he discovered she was smoking more than that number, he stabbed her in
the heart and then murdered their sons, John, 11, and Stuart, eight, so they
could join her.
Steenkin Man
2004-09-14 22:40:51 UTC
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:02:14 -0400, "Deborah Terreson"
Post by Deborah Terreson
----------
Post by Steenkin Man
The safest person a child will ever meet is its real father.
*LOL* Not always, my sweet.
On average, he is.

However, the most dangerous person to a child is his mother's
boyfriend and the next is.....his own mother.
num tibi mentireris?
Deborah Terreson
2004-09-15 02:11:26 UTC
----------
Post by Deborah Terreson
----------
Post by Steenkin Man
The safest person a child will ever meet is its real father.
*LOL* Not always, my sweet.
On average, he is.
However, the most dangerous person to a child is his mother's
boyfriend and the next is.....his own mother.
This is true. Let's clarify the statements. The overarching generalizations
play to the crowd who'll blow them off as mere rantings. No reason to
confound when you can convert.
Post by Steenkin Man
num tibi mentireris?
Pretzelbender
2004-09-15 01:16:20 UTC
Post by Steenkin Man
The safest person a child will ever meet is its real father.
The most dangerous person a child will ever meet is its mother's
boyfriend.

I perceive that you have had little or no contact with our
USA garden variety urban niggers and coons in a law
enforcement capacity..(?) With regard to the above
statement #1, it is accurate only 30% of the time.
Statement #2 is accurate 100% of the time.

There's a REASON why we call them "Cannibals with Clothes"
Pretzelbender
2004-09-15 01:11:10 UTC
Post by LeMod Pol
Man Throws Infant from Car, Then Dies in Crash
Baby unhurt in terrifying incident
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) ― A man threw his fiance's
eight-month-old daughter out of a car as he fled police
after being accused of domestic violence, authorities
said. The girl, strapped in a car seat, was unhurt but
the man later was fatally injured in a crash.
Any word yet confirming our suspicions
that our hero above was yet another jiga-boo
wasted on drugs or similar controlled substances...?
No great loss.
Fair For All
2004-09-16 04:29:59 UTC
Post by LeMod Pol
Man Throws Infant from Car, Then Dies in Crash
He's better off dead than facing man-hating, girl-respecting
lynch-mobs who will torture him to slow death because he is a man who
hurt a girl. I feel so sorry for him.
Post by LeMod Pol
Baby unhurt in terrifying incident
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) ¯ A man threw his fianc?e's
eight-month-old daughter out of a car as he fled police
after being accused of domestic violence, authorities
said. The girl, strapped in a car seat, was unhurt but
the man later was fatally injured in a crash.
Dana Bettin, 23, died Sunday, three days after the
dramatic highway chase that ended when he crashed his
fianc?e's car into an unoccupied squad car.