The Booby Premium
Heidi Graw
2009-09-23 20:46:58 UTC
Here's a marketing strategy which rarely fails.
Place a pair of boobies on the seat of a motorcycle
and the potential buyer goes gawgaw. He no
longer focusses on the price of the bike, but
is rather distracted by those boobies.

Had the boobies not been placed on the
seat, the buyer might have negotiated
a lower price for the bike. But, because
he's so gawgaw over those boobs, he's
prepared to sign the deal without looking
at the fine print.

The buyer could have saved himself a
couple of thousand dollars. But, he
chose to pay the booby premium instead.

The seller may decide to pay those
boobies a $1,000 as a bonus for helping
to make that sale.

Now, place a pair of shrivelled nuts on
that seat and notice what happens.
No interest! No premium paid on
those nuts. No sale made!

So, guys, the next time you shop
for a motorcycle, a car, or a boat,
watch you don't pay that booby premium.
It could cost you!

Heidi
Ranting
2009-09-23 21:00:49 UTC
Post by Heidi Graw
[...]
WTF are you talking about. I have never seen a pair of boobies while buying
anything.
Heidi Graw
2009-09-23 21:23:04 UTC
(sni)
Post by Ranting
WTF are you talking about. I have never seen a pair of boobies while
buying anything.
Trade shows, magazines, TV advertisings, etc, etc...

Heidi
Ranting
Again, never seen a pair of boobies while buying anything.
Andre Lieven
2009-09-23 21:55:54 UTC
Post by Ranting
Post by Heidi Graw
(sni)
Post by Ranting
WTF are you talking about. I have never seen a pair of boobies while
buying anything.
Trade shows, magazines, TV advertisings, etc, etc...
Heidi
Again, never seen a pair of boobies while buying anything.
The Idiot Graw is UNable to differentiate the difference between
"get their attention for our product by adding in a cute chyk", and
"the salesman never throws in a hot babe with the signed sales
deal"...

Just more proof added to the mounds of proof that Feminism = Brain
Damage.

Andre
Heidi Graw
2009-09-23 23:04:00 UTC
(snip)
Post by Andre Lieven
The Idiot Graw is UNable to differentiate the difference between
"get their attention for our product by adding in a cute chyk", and
"the salesman never throws in a hot babe with the signed sales
deal"...
Most men fall into the booby trap. If they didn't, then high-powered
marketing firms wouldn't use them catch their prey.

And no, you don't get the boobs when you pay that
booby premium. So, why pay it?

Notice how there isn't a premium on nuts. Nuts don't catch
a gal's attention the same way boobies do for men.

Unfair, perhaps? Sexist?

Heidi
Andre Lieven
2009-09-24 04:04:41 UTC
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Andre Lieven
The Idiot Graw is UNable to differentiate the difference between
"get their attention for our product by adding in a cute chyk", and
"the salesman never throws in a hot babe with the signed sales
deal"...
Most men fall into the booby trap.
No evidence offered ? Factless misandrist cowshit claim fails.
Post by Heidi Graw
 If they didn't, then high-powered
marketing firms wouldn't use them catch their prey.
You mean, like the MUCH more prevalent commercial MISANDRY
that DOES sell to women ?

CF: Paul Nathanson & Katherine Young's pair of books on misandry.
Post by Heidi Graw
And no, you don't get the boobs when you pay that
booby premium.  So, why pay it?
You have to show evidence that someone does this...
Post by Heidi Graw
Notice how there isn't a premium on nuts.  Nuts don't catch
a gal's attention the same way boobies do for men.
No, but dissing men DOES get your sex's "attention". Perhaps
you ought to deal with the forest in your eye before trying to
whine about fictional splinters in others'...
Post by Heidi Graw
Unfair, perhaps?  Sexist?
You are all of those things, yes. But, that's hardly news...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1213212/The-ego-epidemic-more-inflated-sense-fabulousness.html

Andre
Heidi Graw
2009-09-24 05:02:35 UTC
(snip)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1213212/The-ego-epidemic-more-inflated-sense-fabulousness.html

Now, as one poster wrote: Go into the mall and take a good look around.
There aren't a heck of a lot of egostical women to be seen except for
the odd gaggle of teenage girls who are still in fairy-tale mode. The
reality
check will come to them soon enough. Young women know there
is no such thing as a prince charming who will come to rescue them.

But, did you notice the misandry in that article?

"Once a traditionally male syndrome, narcissism generally begins at
home and in schools, where children are praised excessively, often
spoiled rotten and given the relentless message that they are 'special."

"Men, traditionally regarded as the more self-centred of the species and
the rogues of the mating game, are left scratching their heads and
pondering Freud's famous question: what do women want?"

So, traditionally (as is claimed), men were the self-centred and
self-absorbed
narcissists.

The article is basically claiming women are seizing those equal
opportunities to be those narcissists, too, and the guys don't like it!
LOL...

Ah well....I don't have what it takes to be a narcissist.

Take a look at what it takes to qualify:

"The symptoms include: a grandiose sense of self-importance;
the belief that he or she is special or unique and in some way better -
either intellectually or physically - than others; a requirement for
excessive admiration; a sense of entitlement, whether to fame,
fortune, success and happiness or simply to special treatment;
enviousness of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her;
an inability to empathise; an inability to admit a mistake; and haughty
behaviour or attitude."

This sure sounds like you, Andre.

Heidi
Andre Lieven
2009-09-24 15:36:16 UTC
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1213212/The-ego-epidemic-mo...
So, now you are evading the actual article, to focus on what ONE
moron who posted to the site said...

Uh huh. No.
Post by Heidi Graw
 Go into the mall and take a good look around.
There aren't a heck of a lot of egostical women to be seen except for
the odd gaggle of teenage girls who are still in fairy-tale mode.
ROTFLMAO ! No, that's pretty much all that one sees in most malls,
IS nothing but egotistical women. So egotistical that they spend most
of the retail money, and mostly on THEMSELVES...
Post by Heidi Graw
 The reality
check will come to them soon enough.  Young women know there
is no such thing as a prince charming who will come to rescue them.
<Laughs> So, such "equal" women are still waiting to be saved... ?

Thank you for proving that such women oppose actual equality.
Post by Heidi Graw
But, did you notice the misandry in that article?
"Once a traditionally male syndrome, narcissism generally begins at
home and in schools, where children are praised excessively, often
spoiled rotten and given the relentless message that they are 'special."
"Men, traditionally regarded as the more self-centred of the species and
the rogues of the mating game, are left scratching their heads and
pondering Freud's famous question: what do women want?"
So, traditionally (as is claimed), men were the self-centred and
self-absorbed narcissists.
Operative word: As is CLAIMED...

Since that claim came with NO supportiong evidence... Flush.
Post by Heidi Graw
The article is basically claiming women are seizing those equal
opportunities to be those narcissists, too, and the guys don't like it!
LOL...
<Laughs> MS-ed this part, did you ?:

"According to the American research, there has been a 67 per cent
increase in it over the past two decades, mainly among women."

MAINLY among women.
Post by Heidi Graw
Ah well....I don't have what it takes to be a narcissist.
ROTFLMAO ! You are NOTHING BUT a narcissist...
Post by Heidi Graw
"The symptoms include: a grandiose sense of self-importance;
the belief that he or she is special or unique and in some way better -
either intellectually or physically - than others; a requirement for
excessive admiration; a sense of entitlement, whether to fame,
fortune, success and happiness or simply to special treatment;
enviousness of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her;
an inability to empathise; an inability to admit a mistake; and haughty
behaviour or attitude."
This sure sounds like you, Andre.
<Massive Misandrist Loon Projection>

Also: Ad Hominem *Alone*, the last refuge of the *whipped* scoudrel.

So, we have it clear as to what you are: A self absorbed man hating
whipped scoundrel.

Andre
PolishKnight
2009-09-25 02:37:30 UTC
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
[...]
Catfight! :-)

regards,
PolishKnight
Andre Lieven
2009-09-25 03:32:04 UTC
Post by PolishKnight
[...]
Post by Heidi Graw
"The symptoms include: a grandiose sense of self-importance;
the belief that he or she is special or unique and in some way better -
either intellectually or physically - than others; a requirement for
excessive admiration; a sense of entitlement, whether to fame,
fortune, success and happiness or simply to special treatment;
enviousness of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her;
an inability to empathise; an inability to admit a mistake; and haughty
behaviour or attitude."
This sure sounds like you, Andre.
Heidi
Catfight! :-)
Naw, I don't need to fight her... Her own undeniable bigotry makes my
case
for me... Along with her Parg class Ad Hominem Alone pathetic-ness...

What's REALLY funny about her cowshit attempt to paint me as a
narcissist
is that one of my primary hobbies makes it almost impossible for me to
ever
become one. Going to many SF cons, where there are LOTS of Very Smart
People is a piss poor way to try to maintain some sort of illusion
that I, alone,
am the smartest man in the room.

Someone trying to form the illusion that they are the smartest person
around
would never go, never mind frequently, where there are LOTS of other
very
smart people; quite the opposite.

But, that opposite helps to explain why so many women ARE narcissists;
you remember the tales about girls choosing girl pals who are somewhat
LESS physically attractive than they are...

Andre
Andrew Usher
2009-09-25 11:06:38 UTC
Post by Andre Lieven
Naw, I don't need to fight her... Her own undeniable bigotry makes my
case
for me... Along with her Parg class Ad Hominem Alone pathetic-ness...
There's no such thing as 'Ad Hominem Alone'. It's just another BS
phrase you made up.
Post by Andre Lieven
What's REALLY funny about her cowshit attempt to paint me as a
narcissist
is that one of my primary hobbies makes it almost impossible for me to
ever
become one. Going to many SF cons, where there are LOTS of Very Smart
People is a piss poor way to try to maintain some sort of illusion
that I, alone,
am the smartest man in the room.
Here you have it: Andre is too stupid to be a narcissist! I, on the
other hand, am not, yet choose not to be one.
Post by Andre Lieven
But, that opposite helps to explain why so many women ARE narcissists;
you remember the tales about girls choosing girl pals who are somewhat
LESS physically attractive than they are...
Unnecessary: the reason women are narcissists is: 1. they're women 2.
society encourages them to be.

Andrew Usher
Andre Lieven
2009-09-25 14:38:35 UTC
On Sep 25, 7:06 am, Andrew Usher <***@obsessive.nut>
wrote:

Nothing of any sanity.

Andre
Andrew Usher
2009-09-25 23:35:47 UTC
Post by Andre Lieven
Nothing of any sanity.
No argument, hence no reply.

Andrew Usher
PolishKnight
2009-09-25 02:36:11 UTC
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Andre Lieven
The Idiot Graw is UNable to differentiate the difference between
"get their attention for our product by adding in a cute chyk", and
"the salesman never throws in a hot babe with the signed sales
deal"...
Most men fall into the booby trap. If they didn't, then high-powered
marketing firms wouldn't use them catch their prey.
And no, you don't get the boobs when you pay that
booby premium. So, why pay it?
Notice how there isn't a premium on nuts. Nuts don't catch
a gal's attention the same way boobies do for men.
Unfair, perhaps? Sexist?
Heidi
Heidi, I chuckled a bit at your claim because it's one of those common
wisdoms that turns out to be so wrong but people persist in believing in
them anyway. Don't mix pop rocks and coke, it'll kill ya like that
Mikey kid! :-)

I'm reminded of when I went to Comdex in Vegas at the tech show and they
had a number of pretty women standing in front of the technology. You
would think that would atract geeks with pocket protectors but the
opposite happened: They were intimidated by them. Not being an ordinary
American male, I approached them and said hi and asked them some
questions and the girls laughed. They admitted they were locals just
paid to pose and look pretty. I struck up a conversation with them.
It's a pity I was engaged! :-)

There are certain companies that send out salespeople to try to sell us
expensive products such as computer equipment. Two companies have
different strategies. They send out the "Don Draper" of MadMen style
guys: slick, smart, charming, and with a generous expense account and...
the other: pretty salesgirls.

Guess which salesperson gets the most bank?

It's amazing, really, because the Don Drapers represent the WORST
products (I am not dropping names to protect the guilty).

On the other hand, Heidi, I happen to be friends with the Don Drapers
and they also tend to sell a lot to WOMEN. So they have a double
advantage.

Ok, if you STILL don't believe me... check out advertising sometime.
Society, when was the last time you saw a good ol' boobs and beer
commercial? It's refreshing, really, to see that most advertising aimed
at men doesn't insult them by implying that they are horny losers who
will buy their products because of a pretty woman. At best, such as
with the T-mobile commercial with Catherine Zeta Jones, she jokes about
her attractiveness getting her foot in the door.

regards,
PolishKnight
Society
2009-09-29 05:11:47 UTC
[...] Society, when was the last time you saw a good ol'
boobs and beer commercial?
The night before last. Dos Equis was the beer.
It's refreshing, really, to see that most advertising aimed
at men doesn't insult them by implying that they are
horny losers who will buy their products because of
a pretty woman.
Umm, either you're joking or I have really tuned out advertising
from my awareness these days.

C'mon, is there _any_ advertising (beyond beer, Bowflex,
and life insurance) aimed at the sex that spends only 16 cents
for every dollar women spend?
At best, such as with the T-mobile commercial with
Catherine Zeta Jones, she jokes about her attractiveness
getting her foot in the door.
Oh yeah, that ad that uses Mrs. Michael Douglas' sex appeal
to sell cell phone subscriptions while - on the surface- appearing
to mock the use of sex appeal to move products. Kind'a makes
a mockery of the womanist whine that a woman has to work
10 times as hard as a man blah blah blah.
--
In the best patriarchal tradition,
doors are held open for women where

Rod van Mechelen, "Feminism for Foxes?
A question of credibility"
http://www.backlash.com/content/gender/1994/11-nov94/page2.html
PolishKnight
2009-10-04 16:38:24 UTC
Post by Society
[...] Society, when was the last time you saw a good ol'
boobs and beer commercial?
The night before last. Dos Equis was the beer.
I didn't get that impression from the commercial. It seemed like a
James Bond style ad with women as a fashion accessory. On the other
hand, traditional beer commercials where the women expressed interest in
the men were kind of like putting the customer and even the PRODUCT as
an accessory!
Post by Society
It's refreshing, really, to see that most advertising aimed
at men doesn't insult them by implying that they are
horny losers who will buy their products because of
a pretty woman.
Umm, either you're joking or I have really tuned out advertising
from my awareness these days.
C'mon, is there _any_ advertising (beyond beer, Bowflex,
and life insurance) aimed at the sex that spends only 16 cents
for every dollar women spend?
Auto repair and home maintenance, certainly. Yes, they try to feature
women getting their hands wet painting from time to time, but 95% of the
customers are men. As you know, the feminists gripe that women still
haven't broken into the technology field like men not just because math
is hard, but also the hours and geekiness of the field.

There are now a number of men targeted channels such as spikeTV and G4.
Post by Society
At best, such as with the T-mobile commercial with
Catherine Zeta Jones, she jokes about her attractiveness
getting her foot in the door.
Oh yeah, that ad that uses Mrs. Michael Douglas' sex appeal
to sell cell phone subscriptions while - on the surface- appearing
to mock the use of sex appeal to move products. Kind'a makes
a mockery of the womanist whine that a woman has to work
10 times as hard as a man blah blah blah.
Quite frankly, I used to be a T-mobile customer because the service was
cheap. All of my friends have it for that reason. I only switched to
A&T because I get a discount.

regards,
PolishKnight
Society
2009-09-24 22:47:21 UTC
Post by Andre Lieven
Post by Ranting
Post by Heidi Graw
Ranting wrote...
WTF are you talking about. I have never seen a pair
of boobies while buying anything.
Trade shows, magazines, TV advertisings, etc, etc...
Again, never seen a pair of boobies while buying anything.
Me neither.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Blue-footed_Booby&oldid=315244926
Post by Andre Lieven
The Idiot Graw is UNable to differentiate the difference
between "get their attention for our product by adding in
a cute chyk", and "the salesman never throws in a hot babe
with the signed sales deal"...
Yeah. Demanding "keep the car, sell me the girl" doesn't
work too well in the US. Sorry to hear that Canada is just
as ruined, Andre. ; (

Now before some female pouts "they do that in Bangkok...
Saudi Arabia.... (or wherever)" I'll remind the good folks
here of this good ol' male wisdom:

When pop feminists or the media expose
misogynistic practices in other countries,
never do they remark [upon] the good fortune
of women in more enlightened places;
instead, they use their examples to attack
and shame American men.

Rod van Mechelen
"Things that make you go, 'hmmm' " - March 1999
http://www.backlash.com/content/hmmm/1999/hmmm0399.htm

Warren Farrell once mused (in _The Myth of Male Power_?)
that a woman who uses her - ahem - sex appeal as a saleswomanly
gimmick is really guilty of sexual harassment. Somehow, tho',
females haven't complained about _that_. Nor have females
(feminist or otherwise) griped much about female fashion models
commanding higher pay than men fashion models. (Hypocrites!)
--
What evidence do I have that women
rule the world? Take a look at the world

Scott Adams, _The Dilbert Future_,
page 109
Andre Lieven
2009-09-25 03:23:14 UTC
Post by Andre Lieven
Post by Ranting
Post by Heidi Graw
Ranting wrote...
WTF are you talking about. I have never seen a pair
of boobies while buying anything.
Trade shows, magazines, TV advertisings, etc, etc...
Again, never seen a pair of boobies while buying anything.
Me neither.http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Blue-footed_Booby&oldid=315...
Cor matie, what a bird... <g>
Post by Andre Lieven
The Idiot Graw is UNable to differentiate the difference
between "get their attention for our product by adding in
a cute chyk", and "the salesman never throws in a hot babe
with the signed sales deal"...
Yeah.  Demanding "keep the car, sell me the girl" doesn't
work too well in the US.  Sorry to hear that Canada is just
as ruined, Andre.  ; (
Yeah, where can a guy get a good lease on a slightly used...
Mercedes... No, not the car...
Now before some female pouts "they do that in Bangkok...
Saudi Arabia.... (or wherever)" I'll remind the good folks
   When pop feminists or the media expose
   misogynistic practices in other countries,
   never do they remark [upon] the good fortune
   of women in more enlightened places;
   instead, they use their examples to attack
   and shame American men.
   Rod van Mechelen
   "Things that make you go, 'hmmm' " - March 1999
   http://www.backlash.com/content/hmmm/1999/hmmm0399.htm
Well, yes, we enlightened and informed men are well aware of
this type of femi-scam...
Warren Farrell once mused (in _The Myth of Male Power_?)
that a woman who uses her - ahem - sex appeal as a saleswomanly
gimmick is really guilty of sexual harassment.  Somehow, tho',
females haven't complained about _that_.  Nor have females
(feminist or otherwise) griped much about female fashion models
commanding higher pay than men fashion models.  (Hypocrites!)
Of course. It's not usually sexual harrassment when the guy
complimenting her boobies is also shaking a wad of cash in front
of her...
   What evidence do I have that women
   rule the world? Take a look at the world
   and ask yourself how it would be
   different if men were REALLY in charge.
   Look at the things that men want most,
   then check to see if the world is
   organized to _provide_ those things
   or to _limit_ them.
   Scott Adams, _The Dilbert Future_,
   page 109
Bingo.

Andre
Society
2009-10-01 22:52:50 UTC
Post by Andre Lieven
Post by Society
Demanding "keep the car, sell me the girl" doesn't
work too well in the US. Sorry to hear that Canada
is just as ruined, Andre. ; (
Yeah, where can a guy get a good lease on a slightly used...
Mercedes... No, not the car...
Uh, Quebec? (Ha ha. Good one, Andre.)
--
Thanks to the feminazis, it's politically incorrect
to suggest, as a matter of policy, that anybody

Rod van Mechelen, "Sex slaves?"
_The Backlash!_, Headline News, August 1998
http://www.backlash.com/content/gender/1998/8-aug98/news08.html
Andre Lieven
2009-10-02 01:35:21 UTC
Post by Andre Lieven
Post by Society
Demanding "keep the car, sell me the girl" doesn't
work too well in the US. Sorry to hear that Canada
is just as ruined, Andre. ; (
Yeah, where can a guy get a good lease on a slightly used...
Mercedes... No, not the car...
Uh, Quebec?  (Ha ha.  Good one, Andre.)
I am but a force for Good in my times.

Way back when, The Anglo Guide To Survival in Quebec (a
book) had among it's suggestions for out of provincers to
not overdrink in an east end Montreal strip bar, as one could
wake up from the binge in a seedy motel room married to a
16 year old stripper...
Andre
Andrew Usher
2009-10-04 22:12:53 UTC
Post by Andre Lieven
I am but a force for Good in my times.
You're not a force for anything but stupidity.

Andrew Usher

Heidi Graw
2009-09-23 22:51:17 UTC
(snip)
Post by Ranting
Again, never seen a pair of boobies while buying anything.
Well...ya...the flea-market tends not to need a marketing
strategy for big ticket items.

Heidi
Ranting
2009-09-24 10:05:52 UTC
Post by Heidi Graw
(snip)
Post by Ranting
Again, never seen a pair of boobies while buying anything.
Well...ya...the flea-market tends not to need a marketing
strategy for big ticket items.
Heidi
Huh, where did that come from. Oh I see, it was a swipe, wow. Your position
must be very weak , if you have to attack the messenger instead of the
message.